Adding an Item to Inventory
Management level users and engineering can register items to the Inventory app using the desktop version of Quore.
This will allow you to:
Monitor the item’s condition using PMs and work orders
Ensure Quore mirrors the actual items at your hotel
Easily view the hotel’s assets by category to understand the ages, conditions, and quantities of items within your hotel
In this article, you will learn how to add an item to your inventory. You can add individual items from the Overview page, and add an item to multiple areas quickly using the Items List page.
How to Add an Item to Inventory Using the Overview Page
1. From the desktop Inventory app, click the area on the Hotel Assets grid where you want to add an item.
2. Click the +New Item(s) link located just below the Hotel Assets grid and in the upper right corner of the inventory list.
3. Use the dropdown menus to select the Area/Room Section and Category for the new item. You may add a new category if needed. Do the same with the item group and type.
4. Fill in the Serial Number, Warranty, Installation, and Other fields, if you wish.
Pro Tip: Both PMs and work orders can be associated with the Inventory app. Filling out the Serial Number and Other fields are important informationally, but can also be used as distinguishing factors when associated with PMs.
5. When you have entered this information, click on the green Add Item(s) button. The newly added item will appear on your Item List a moment later.
Pro Tip: Adding an item from the Item Details page is the fastest way to add items to multiple areas.
How to Add an Item to Inventory Using the Item List Page
1. From the Inventory app, click on the Item List page button.
2. If you need to create a new category, you can do so by clicking the + New Category button. Otherwise, find the category for the item you wish to add, then click on the See Item Types link to the right.
3. On the Category Details page, locate the group, location, brand, and model that matches the item you wish to add. To add a new individual item, click on the See Item Types button in the Actions column again.
Pro Tip: If the item group does not exist, add a new group using the + New Group button. The new group you have created will show up in the + New Item Type link.
4. Click + New Item link on the Item Details page.
5. Select the area where you want the item, then select the location or locations where the item will go.
6. Select sections for the items within the location. Click continue.
7. Add optional details such as installation date, warranty or other.
8. Review everything on the confirmation page. You can go back in this step to edit if you notice anything that needs to be changed.
9. When you have entered this information, click on the green Add Item(s) button. The newly added item will appear on your Item List a moment later.